So many social messaging apps are present on the Google Play Store. One such app is the Kik Messenger through which one can connect with friends, stay in a loop and explore more. If you are not aware of Kik Account, then let me tell you what basically Kik is:-
Kik is a mobile application that facilitates the users to send and receive the messages, images, videos or web-pages. Developed by a Canadian company “Kik interactive” in the year 2010 the application is functional on both platforms such as iOS and Android. According to recent reports, Kik’s user base has reached 300 million out of which 40% are U.S. teenagers.
What makes people prefer this platform to chat?
The main characteristic of the freeware messenger is that it ensures the anonymity of the user i.e. the users don’t have to submit their phone numbers while registering on the application. Moreover, the Kik user interface is so smooth that it allows a user to easily communicate with all your friends and contacts, send them text messages, pictures, and chat with them in real-time.
How to delete Kik Account on Android?
If one doesn’t want to make use of Kik application on Android and wants to get rid off Kik account completely then he/she has an option to do:-
Temporary Deactivation – It is best suitable for users who don’t want to use the account for some period of time. Users will not receive any message upon temporary deactivation and he/she will not be seen on the Kik platform.
Permanent Deactivation or Deletion – Deletion means uninstalling the application from the device but it is also an unsure measure as it doesn’t remove the account completely. It requires help from one of your friends to completely deactivate the Kik account.
Steps to delete Kik Account completely
- Approach the android device settings
The first step is to remove the Kik application from the Android device. For this one needs to:-
- Open the app and go to ‘Settings’.
- After settings, go to “Your account’ Option.
- Click on the button ‘Reset Kik Messenger’.
- Now exit the app.
- Go to the Android device menu.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Scroll through the options and choose ‘Apps’.
- Click on the ‘Kik’ app.
- Delete the Kik Messenger Application
Now, delete the application by clicking on the ‘uninstall’ option which appears on the upper right corner on the mobile screen.
- Approve the removal of the application
Here, it asks you to provide the confirmation that you finally wish to delete the account. To carry forward click on the ‘OK’ button which flashes on the screen in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Take the friend’s help to cancel the Kik account
After the third step the text ‘Uninstall Finished’ shows on the mobile device. Now, the important step is to cancel the account permanently. Ask any of your Kik friends to deliver a message to your Kik account. After that, you will receive an alert mail to see the pending messages. The email simultaneously provides you the deactivating link. When you open the link, your data will be required to delete the account. After providing all the credible information, the account will be canceled forever.
Deleting Kik Account Using Any Computer Or Laptop
The Kik account can be managed and deleted using computers or laptops also. To proceed:-
- Go to the website Kik.com
- Open the ‘Kik Help Center’.
- Click on the icon ‘Managing Your Account’.
- The ‘Profile Management’ option will appear on the screen. Click on that button.
- Finally, click on the option ‘Permanent Deactivation’. The ‘Permanent Deactivation Account’ link will flash on the screen. On clicking the link the webpage will appear which will ask some of the personal details related to your account.
- After filling the asked information the account will be deactivated permanently.
Following the above methods will completely remove the Kik Account from your Android smartphone. If you still have any queries, don’t forget to share it in the comment section below.