To test the applications, developers, and testers require a lot of data in the database. The cost and difficulty of manually putting data into the database are prohibitive.
It will also take time to write a script to insert data into the database. As a result, we will need some tools known as Test data-generating tools to input data into the database. Tools for creating automation test data assist testers with load, performance, stress, and database testing. These programs can produce data that can be incorporated into other databases.
Some solutions also provide security to the database by substituting fake data for sensitive information. It protects private data. These programs also offered the option to output the created data in SQL scripts. Thus, these technologies play a significant role in the testing and creation of apps.
Top Tools for Generating Test Data
The most well-liked test data generation tools on the market are given below.
LambdaTest’s free-to-use test data generator tool replaces privacy-sensitive data including names, corporations, IBANs, social security numbers, etc. It helps web developers and testers in producing qualitative and sophisticated data sets.
It supports different methods of generating test data, such as manual method, automated method, and backend injection.
- Ability to produce massive data sets
- All the major database technologies are supported.
- Options for many nations and languages.
- Cross-environment support.
Also Read: Modern Tech That’s Changing the Way We Work
In 2004, RowGen was initially made available. It supports a wide range of databases and file target formats for usage in DB, EDW, and Data Vault prototypes, application stress testing, DevOps, benchmarking, and privacy law-compliant demonstrations. It also supports a wide range of operating systems. RowGen’s unrivaled volumetric speed and functional adaptability are because of the compatibility and power of IRI CoSort.
- Use field-by-field data synthesis, masking, mapping, and/or transformation to support business rules (including Data Vault business keys).
- Support test data transformation and multi-target customization (layout and format) simultaneously, which is unusual.
- Unmatched ability to provide massive amounts of test data that have been pre-sorted and fully pre-configured for bulk loading.
- Supports null, weighted frequency distribution, good and bad values, and values.
- Data masking, subsetting, ETL, data quality, Hadoop, and support for any analytical goal are all combinable in IRI Voracity.
- It can also be used for software testing and quality engineering in Cigniti BlueSwan TDM setups.
- Simple to use
- It needs PHP 5.3 and above and MySQL 4 and higher as server requirements.
- Data types can be modified to meet specific needs.
- You can change the Export kinds.
- Available plug-ins for various nations.
The initial release occurred in 2006. It supports a wide range of operating systems and databases. Performance testing can be conducted using it.
- Both data synthesis and data anonymization are supported.
- It offers some JDBC drivers that are open-source.
- It supports practically a lot of SQL data.
- Windows, Linux, UNIX, and MAC are the four operating systems that are supported.
You can generate random data for testing with the aid of Mockaroo. Using SQL and CSV, you may download data from Mockaroo and upload it to your environment.
- It supports over 100 different data formats.
- It offers support for CSV, JSON, SQL, and Excel data generation.
- For you to work with your own front end, it offers Mock API.
- produces accurate data.
- Mockaroo generates real and related data for geographic variables like nation, city-state, etc.
Redgate SQL Data Generator
You can generate data in huge volumes in SQL Server Management Studio by using the Redgate SQL Data Generator. Data is produced fairly quickly. The data types, column names, etc. are all customizable.
- Data import is possible.
- It automatically transforms data if the data types are incompatible.
- supports the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server: 2005, 2008, 2012 R2, 2014, 2016, and 2017 on Amazon RDS.
- Support for Foreign Key is offered.
- Inter-column dependence is supported.
BM DB2 Test Database Generator
You can build test data in the DB2 database using the IBM DB2 database generator. You can download this data in CSV, XML, or SQL formats. You can either produce brand-new data or build test data from the existing data.
- The creation of test data is possible with the aid of tools.
- Rule-based transformations are supported.
- It offers features like XML configuration and Referential Integrity support.
GS Data Generator
It is a data creation automation tool that benefits both developers and testers. There are three editions of GS Data Generator: Standard, Pro, and Enterprise. The Standard Edition will aid the performance and load testing of the fundamental projects. The Pro Edition enables integration, ERP, CRM, and other features for complex projects. The enterprise edition benefits consulting firms and software developers.
- It can produce test data for ERP, integration testing, software marketing, etc.
- By replacing crucial data with fake data, it can also add security to the database.
- It also maintains business logic and referential integrity at the same time.
- It supports text files, MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, DB2, Sybase, Access, and Informix.
DTM Data Generator
This program can generate data values and schema objects like tables, views, etc. automatically. They provide DTM Schema Reporter, DTM Test XML Generator, and other database utilities.
- It can produce repetitive and unpredictable data.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, Sybase, Informix, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and other databases are supported.
- The output file formats that are supported are CSV, SQL Script, XML, and JSON.
- It supports Excel, Access files, and XML documents as external data sources.
- DTM Data Generator offers 15 ways to generate data or fill out the data in the database.
EMS Data Generator
For Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and Interbase, EMS offers a wide variety of database tools. It has an office in the US and a headquarters in Russia.
- Through a SQL script, generated data can be modified or saved.
- It supports databases from Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Interbase, and more vendors.
- You have the option to preview the data that was created.
- Limited NULL value support.
- It supports all data types for MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and Interbase besides the fundamental data types for Oracle and DB2 in these databases.
Also Read: What Are Some Must-Have Android Apps?
Experts claim that Generate Data, Database Generator, and Mockaroo are truly the best solutions because they can generate a significant amount of data at a reasonable cost to wrap up this post on test data generation tools. With Redgate SQL Data Generator and IBM DB2 Test Database Generator, you can purchase more sophisticated options for data generation.