How To Install Kodi 18.1 On Firestick 2019 (Step by Step Guide): As you have landed upon this article today, we are sure you must be having a firestick and you must be a fan of on-demand online streaming. Firestick is a very good option for those who love to stream videos online and also those who want to watch the entertainment on their TV by converting it into a smart device. Firestick offers many apps in the store to watch best online content and top quality videos, but many of us still feel that there should be something more out there and our needs just don’t end with a few apps.
So we are here to bring to you the tips and tricks of bringing more unlimited high-quality content to your firestick to utilize it more wisely. Many apps available on firestick require you to pay subscription fees to pay for top content, but it is not possible for us to just pay for everything that we want to watch online. Some of the paid subscription apps are Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc. It becomes necessary to find free alternatives for these apps so that we don’t have to keep paying for availing good entertainment. While Kodi is completely free of cost to stream content online. So, read the following installation guide to know How to Install Kodi 18.1 on Firestick to unlock unlimited content.
How to Install Kodi 18.1 On Firestick: Everything You Need to Know
Kodi is nothing but an awesome media player that helps you stream the best content across various geographies that you want for free. It also offers live TV, ultra HD movies, and sports. Besides that, it can also play content from your local devices. However, installing Kodi 18.1 on firestick is not as easy as downloading it from Amazon App Store as you do for other apps. This is because it is not officially launched by Amazon for installation on firestick. Hence, you will have to sideload it on your firestick. Don’t worry, we are here to help you with the detailed steps of installation and we have prepared a comprehensive guide on how to install Kodi 18.1 leia on firestick.
Also Read: How to Install YouTube TV on Firestick/Fire TV
How to Install Kodi 18.1 on Firestick Easily in Few Seconds
As Kodi is not available on the app store, it is certain that it is a third party application which needs to be downloaded from an external source. Hence, we will have to turn on installation from unknown sources option on firestick for smooth installation of Kodi for firestick. Just follow the simple steps given below to start the installation.
Make sure you follow the steps to Install Kodi 18.1 leia on firestick as given below. (Initial Steps)
- As you already have a firestick, we assume that you must already have an Amazon account to log in. If not, create one and log in to the firestick.
- Head over to firestick settings.
- Select ‘Device’ on the settings screen.
- Choose the option ‘Developer options’ on screen.
- Select this option to navigate to the ‘Apps from unknown sources’ option. You will also see ADB debugging option on the same screen. Turn both these options on.
- Go back to the settings screen and select ‘Preferences’.
- Navigate to ‘Advertising ID’
- turn off ‘Interest-based ads’ option.
- For further safety, navigate back to ‘settings’ and open ‘Applications’. Now, just turn off the ‘Collect App Usage Data’ so that firestick stops tracking what you do on apps. This is just to enhance your privacy on firestick.
Install Kodi 18/18.1 Leia on Amazon Firestick (Video Tutorial)
How to Install Kodi 18.1 on Firestick Using ES file explorer
Now you will need a file explorer to download Kodi 18.1 on firestick. We all know that ES file explorer is one of the best and as this is available on Amazon App Store, you don’t need to go for any other explorer. It is easiest to download Kodi 18.1 leia on firestick using ES file explorer. So just follow the below steps.
- Just go to the home screen once the firestick is started. In the search bar, type ‘ES explorer’ and it will automatically show you the app name. Click on download.
- Once downloaded, it will show you the option to open the app as below.
- Once launched, open the side menu from left and go to tools -> Download manager -> +New.
- Now a prompt will appear for you to give the name and path for Kodi.
- Just write Kodi in the name and enter this address https://bit.ly/2fFma9G in the path.
- Now just click download now and it will automatically start downloading Kodi 18.1 on firestick.
- Once it is downloaded, click on ‘install’ to start the installation.
- Now, you can just click on open and start using Kodi.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Kodi Live TV Addons in 2018
Install Kodi 18.1 on the Amazon FireStick Using Downloader App (Alternate Method)
An alternative to ES file explorer is the downloader app which works similar to ES file explorer. To download using this app, you just need to search for ‘Downloader’ instead in the search bar. Once it is downloaded and installed, just open it to enter the same URL that we entered in ES explorer earlier. It will follow a similar process as the explorer and install the Kodi app on your firestick.
If you want to explore one more method of sideloading Kodi, then you may try the below method but it will require your smartphone to proceed. Follow below steps:
- Start your firestick as usual.
- Perform the steps of enabling unknown sources and ADB debugging as done earlier.
- Connect your Android smartphone to the same wireless network as firestick.
- Install the ‘Kodi Krypton 17.6’ and ‘Apps2Fire’ on your Android phone from the Play Store.
- Go to Settings screen on your firestick, head on to ‘Network’ option and then to ‘Firestick IP address’.
- Then look for Kodi on the apps screen of Firestick and click ‘install’.
- Let Kodi to get installed. Once installed, start enjoying Kodi.
We recommend that you use a VPN for Kodi while using these methods in order to protect your privacy on the internet. You might have already felt that the first method was the best and easiest one for installing or side loading Kodi 18.1 on firestick. We hope that you will be able to enjoy the firestick even more after reading this article and it was a great help to you in learning how to install Kodi 18.1 on firestick. Please share this article with your friends to benefit them as well and stay tuned with us for more such articles.